Where we are going
Read our College Development Plan which provides a summary of what is a very detailed plan for growth, offering St Joseph's an exciting future founded on the principles that make it such a unique place.
You can also view our vision for the future of the St Joseph’s College campus. ‘Building for the Future’ provides a real sense of strategic direction for the estate management and development of the College and its buildings. This is in line with the College’s strategic aim of ensuring the highest quality educational provision supported by facilities which underpin a rewarding and enriching student experience.
We want to be known locally, nationally and internationally for our high quality, independent, all-round education for boys and girls, which is seamless through from nursery to university and the world of work, including:
- Our ethos, which combines strong Christian values with a unique approach to supporting and nurturing children within a friendly, family environment,
- Strong academic performance and achievement for pupils of all abilities and skills, enabling children and young people to consistently outperform local and national academic standards,
- Tailored pastoral and academic support which develops our children into confident, successful, compassionate young people who have integrity, dignity and self-belief,
- Progressive, innovative and effective approaches to teaching and learning,
- Teaching which is inspirational, challenging and engaging, provided by well qualified and well supported staff,
- A flexible, inspiring and inclusive 3-18 curriculum which meets the needs of the contemporary world,
- Outstanding girls’ and boys’ opportunities and achievements in sport,
- The quality and variety of curricular and extra- curricular opportunities, including outstanding Music, Art, Drama, Dance and Outdoor Education,
- Leading the way in using new technologies which enhance and support teaching, learning, communication and administration,
- Being a reflective, open-minded, forward-thinking organisation which is receptive and responsive to change, in order to provide the best quality all-round education within a competitive local, national and global market,
- Our outstanding facilities and grounds,
- High quality Boarding provision, including outstanding pastoral care for a diverse population of students, excellent facilities and a stimulating programme of activities,
- An emphasis on effective and timely communication which ensures that current and prospective parents and the wider community are well informed about the College’s all-round successes and strengths,
- Creating links with alumni, businesses and community organisations which benefit our students and our school,
- Clear development planning, which is underpinned by sound business and financial acumen and management, shared and communicated with stakeholders and reviewed and evaluated annually,
- Strong and effective leadership and management across the College, which supports and enables staff to develop professionally and personally and deliver the school’s aims within a positive, reflective and professional community.